Monday, March 24, 2014

My SEVERE CYSTIC ACNE video

Hello guys I made a quick video of my acne journey. I cringe when I looked at my "during" pics bare face. Honestly I still am having anxiety posting this up as it is a very personal issue for me but on my quest to become a brave courageous person I am going to be bold with whatever I do. I need to step out of my comfort zone and live out of my bubble and it will start with this video.  I always had a few pimples here and there. I controlled it with Benzoyl peroxide which cleared up my skin 97% . During Cushing's the acne morphed into sever cystic acne. I had boils all over my face and neck and not one part of my face was clear. Every morning I woke up and cried in the mirror and every night I would sob washing off all the caked up makeup off my face. I became very self conscious about my looks. I never knew I placed so much self worth into my looks until I looked so disfigured by Cushings.

I use to model and do pageants and so having Cushing's basically made a devastating impact. When I started to get the breakouts I tried every herbal remedy there was to try to fix my skin but of course hypercortilism won the battle. and I soon gave up on my looks. After surgery my skin stopped breaking out around month 5 but I was left with dried out cysts under the skin which would turn into deep scarring. The doctors said I need to peel off the layers to get rid of the scarring.. So I went to the dermatologist and they prescribed me low tane and Retin-A. Now my skin is pretty much flat and smooth however I still have scarring that needs to be healed. I hope in time I can get back my clear skin. As a vow of overcoming my anxiety I will start  being social again and putting myself out there in life. There is  more to life to see and do than to be stuck in my little bubble being depressed that I have a pimple. I am thankful to have experienced the lowest point in my life. I can only appreciate life more today. If you are suffering from Acne please go see a doctor to make sure the inside of you is okay then a dermatologist and see what treatment they think will work best for you. Good luck and good skin!






8 comments:

  1. "There is more to life to see and do than to be stuck in my little bubble being depressed that I have a pimple." - so true! I read this as I was applying my foundation, and it put a positive spin on my day. I also showed this to my friend who has acne and it lifted her mood as well! Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally made my day, week, month! I was so scared ppl would be like eww but thanks for the positive feedback. Much love! 💕

      Delete
  2. my foundation, and it put a positive spin on my day. I also showed this to my friend who has acne and it lifted her mood as well! Thanks for inspiring! Acne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. Glad to help :)

      Delete
  3. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks. Dermatologista florianopolis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog.
    Manchas na Pele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you john I hope I am telling a good story :)

      Delete